adinsiemelink

Andrea T. KEMP ✿

'Uccidimi dolcemente sì...i sogni rubati dallo scrigno di una rosa... ladro di poemi e petali d'Amore'  ~ Catherine La Rose©2011 ~





























I was born in 1981, in Glenwood Spring, Colorado. I began painting seriously around the age of 15, but before then I had always loved to create. Art was one of the few things that could hold my attention for a long period of time. Sketching was my frequent pastime. It is hard to remember exactly when painting became such a huge driving force in my life. It crept up on me in such a gradual way which makes it hard to remember the exact beginning. What I do know is that after meeting a few local artists, who were professionals locally and nationally, my love for painting and drawing became more of a reality. "Painting had its way of creeping into my life. I do not know how or why, but I am so fortunate it did. Though it is a large part of who I am, its meaning is ever changing. My journey as a painter takes me to new places that end up either, presenting unique ideas and challenges, or paralleling other events in my life. Painting in itself is a teacher that if we pay attention to, we learn from and grow from, not only as an artist but also to be a better person. Its possibilities are boundless and the adventure of painting presents numerous challenges. It's not always easy to meet those challenges." "A famous woman writer, who I cannot recall, describes the experience of having a great idea and the desperate need to capture it by comparing it to a train and how you can hear it approaching, which sends you into a fury preparing yourself for when it passes by so that you might capture its power and greatness, for when it is gone, it may be gone forever. Though writing and painting may be two different mediums of communication, I still could very much relate to this metaphor."
- Andrea T. Kemp -


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Info sulla Privacy